Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dario Fo, La Fame dello Zanni




Here is a fantastic video of Dario Fo performing perhaps the most famous lazzo of the CDA, described in nearly every text I've come across, the eating of the fly.

I look forward to exploring this particular bit of comic business further; I enjoy watching how Fo adapts the story of the bit to his own set of theatrical talents. I have some video of a Russian clown performing another, more contemporary version of a battle with a fly. Lots of ways to go from the basic premise...

1 comment:

Ian Thal said...

I just wanted to thank you for providing the link to this video as it was very helpful to see Fo's take on the lazzo as I develop my own version of La Fame dello Zanni as part of an upcoming show.

http://ianthal.blogspot.com/2008/01/starving-zanni.html